O.P. Bonarda DOC
- Obtained entirely from croatina grapes.
- Vineyards are all guyot, one shoot. We left the ‘ancient’ ones for aged bonarda, while those devoted to this wine are 5000 plants/ha and with an age span within 15 years.
- Intensely ruby coloured, with an expressive clean nose, pleasantly reminding of small red fruit.
- Rich in the mouth, with agreeable bonarda tannins, softly evolves in a round substantial finish.
- No ageing in oak for this bonarda; after raking, it is put in a stainless steel tank, where it spends the winter. We like to give this the wine its time to mature slowly, so we never bottle it before the summer after vintage.
- In this version, young and still, it can better express croatina’s points. It can be drank immediately, or during the 4 or 5 years following the vintage.
- It matches well with salami, red meats, cheeses, but can accompany the whole meal.