IGT Malvasia “Piume”
- Obtained from malvasia vineyards in part very old (over 60 years) and in part more recent, with selected clones of aromatic Malvasia of Candia.
- This grape comes from the Greek island of Crete (once called Candia), where it has been cultivated since ancient times. Malvasia can be easily found in the adjacent province of Piacenza, but it has a long-standing tradition in Rovescala as well, often as a sweet or sparking wine.
- Average density of about 4500/5,000 plants/hectare, guyot single shoot, to guarantee good quality to the final product. Still and dry, sharply aromatic, evoking the flavour and fragrance of the grapes.
A brilliant hay coloured yellow, this white wine has a fine enveloping nose.
- Taste is captivating and extremely characteristic. Processing of the grapes is very simple; they are picked up in baskets and put whole in the press.
- The must is left to rest for about 12 hours, decanted in a steel tank to ferment and lees are lifted up from time to time. At the end of fermentation, before winter, it is moved to another tank, and then bottled before summer, after a light filtering.
SO2 is kept to the minimum, not to damage the natural bouquet.
- "Piume" requires a certain care with food matching; which must focalize complementing its natural aroma, without being prevailed upon. A nice combination can be with fresh goat cheeses, raw fish, fried food, or Asiatic spicy cuisine. However, "Piume" can be consumed as an aperitif or in between meals, to underline joyous occasions or pensive moments. Serving temperature is around 11-12 °C.