IGT Malvasia “Dedica”
- Another malvasia, completely different from “Piume”, though coming from the same vineyards.
- Grapes are picked up in baskets and processed with the technique used for red wines; they are crushed and destemmed, must is left to ferment with the skins, which then come to the surface and are always kept wet and re-submerged.
- At the end of fermentation, they drop to the bottom of the tank, which is filled to the brim, and stay there macerating until Halloween time. Then there is racking to take them away, and the wine is put to rest for winter. After an adequate amount of time, “Dedica” is bottled.
- Exalting the aromatic nose of malvasia, this wine has also a tannic side a pleasant body; a deep gold color may present orange shades.
- To be served not too cold, “Dedica” can also be enjoyed in matches unusual for a white wine. Dishes strongly flavored, spicy and hot, seasoned cheeses, fat salami like bacon or lard, smoked fish and shellfish.